Cubase Guru

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cubase Guru
Cubase Guru
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Section 2 - Part 2 - Complex Waveforms

+2
APsyviz
Admin
6 posters

Go down

Section 2 - Part 2 - Complex Waveforms Empty Section 2 - Part 2 - Complex Waveforms

Post  Admin Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:39 pm

HI guys,

The streaming went well, thanks for testing it for me.

I have had to put the next video here as its too big to put on the streaming section, so its again for download.

This video is expanding on the basic waveforms to more complex waveforms.

Again, Right Click, Save As to download.

Please leave all comments here.

Many thanks

Mark

Complex Waveforms Video Here
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://cubasegurubeta.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Section 2 - Part 2 - Complex Waveforms Empty Re: Section 2 - Part 2 - Complex Waveforms

Post  APsyviz Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:15 am

Very informative video, although i think its worth watching a few times to get all the information into my head.. Well i did find 3 things wrong with the video at 3:50 you cut out a bit too soon on the word opportunities or it doesn't finish properly. Then at 6:50 the picture complex wave shapes changes to something else by mistake i guess.. I thought the overall volume of your voice was a little low.

Kind regards
Anthony santa
APsyviz
APsyviz

Back to top Go down

Section 2 - Part 2 - Complex Waveforms Empty Re: Section 2 - Part 2 - Complex Waveforms

Post  LAntiochos Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:51 am

Hallo there! Great new video and a large amount of technical info explained in it. To be honest it was easy to follow since you gave more than enough examples for each complex waveform you outlined. However, I would suggest the use of more than one graph when explaining difficult issues like phase sync,polarity reverse etc. For example you said at some point 'If you look at the diagram and ignore this line...' So I would suggest different graphs when explaining these stuff. I also noticed at around 4:00 a small cut in the sentence which skipped a bit the video, but It was not really very important. In addition, some more famous example sounds, like the one with the 'hoover' sound would be very welcome IMO. Overall, although the vids are getting more technical they also get much more interesting! Excellent explanation IMO.

LAntiochos

http://www.myspace.com/antlabros

Back to top Go down

Post  SpaceWalker Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:52 pm

@ 3:00 I now understand why you use Blue Cat's Oscilloscope, eh...

@ 5:40, Really starting to see why you like Zebra so much, eh...

@ 6:50, does a 'glitch'

@ 10:30, bubble "Now with Saw wave"

@ 14:30, would you indicate what waves your using on the two oscillators??? I'm confused at this point. Seems like 1 sine and 1 saw???????

@ 15:45: bubble, "inverting Osc 'x'"

@ 16:15 - THIS SOUNDS AWESOME!!!

@ 19:50, What kinda' wave you usiing? Is it still Saw? I like the ability to 'control' the 'sync'. I notice my other sythesizers don't seem to have them on 'em... ie. G-Sonique Renegade and Sylenth1... At least that I could find...

@ 20:45, I find out you were using 2 saws and messing with Syncs...

@ 22:26 - AWESOME SOUND! Esp., the bass....

-> 26:00: I'm a bit lost along this way - perhaps you could've used more bubbles in between while you were making setting changes to let us know what's happening...

@ 29:00 Enjoying the touch(slight discussion) on subtractive\additive synthesis

@ 32:30 - I think it could use a bubble, eh....

@ 35:00 - JUST MADE A SQUARE!!! This section could use a bubble when it began - "making a square wave from two saw waves."

@ 36:45 - I like the explanation in relation to analog synths...

@ 37:00 - these other oscillators are REALLY COOL! Zebra has 'em.... I wonder if any other synths do???

@ 37:45: bubble the differences...

@ 38:38 - NO, I AGREE! I CAN TRULY SEE HOW AWESOME ZEBRA2 IS, NOW!!! Thanks!

overall, great video... I think we could use some 'BUBBLE POWER' to help delineate the video and highlight differences, eh! THIS VIDEO IS INFORMATION PACKED! An accompanying .pdf would be VERY HELPFUL!

SpaceWalker

http://flightofspacewalker.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mtr Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:45 pm

Mark

Awesome video.

Levels are good. Clear and level.

I like the way you transitioned with the power point. Better then putting a transition slide.

Great job!

I think this one is done.

Matt
mtr
mtr

http://www.myspace.com/emtear

Back to top Go down

Post  JJPiraino Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:33 am

Mark,

This is one of your best tutorials. Great job! I did hear a little glitch when going from the Power Point to Cubase. I'll listen again and tell you where I found it. When I get tutorials, I watch / listen the first time for content and any possible flaws in logic, or demos that don't match. Then I watch a second time to find any errors. I'll get back to you on that one.

Cheers,
John
JJPiraino
JJPiraino

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:09 am

Ok guys part 2 video is now finished.

The changes i have made is as follows :

Change in picture at 6.50 amended.

Added bubble for waveforms at 14:25

Thanks again for feedback, this video is complete now.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JJPiraino Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:30 am

Hi Mark,

I've listened to the video a few times and what appears to be a glitch is an early edit. This is around the 28 minute mark. It doesn't make that big of a deal, what happens is, you're speaking in one tone of voice, the edit presents another tone of voice (a bit higher). However, after watching this video 4 times I consider myself an 11 oscilator expert Wink

Merry Christmas!
John
JJPiraino
JJPiraino

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:31 am

HI john,

An 11 oscillator expert eh, glad to hear it Smile

Thanks for the comments, have a great xmas Smile

Mark
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down