Cubase Guru

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cubase Guru
Cubase Guru
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Basic Reaktor Synth - Beta 2

+3
SpaceWalker
APsyviz
Admin
7 posters

Go down

Basic Reaktor Synth - Beta 2 Empty Basic Reaktor Synth - Beta 2

Post  Admin Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:08 am

HI guys,

Please download HERE

Please follow same procedure as before, Right Click, Save AS.

Changes made are as follows :

Notice of mode being used in intro (Stand Alone mode) & Demo Mode restrictions added.

Notice to show Mod Amount = Filter Envelope Amount

I have also added the final sheen to the videos in relation to Intro titles/end titles etc.

Please only comment on these videos when you have fully watched and commented on the original ones.

Many thanks

Mark
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://cubasegurubeta.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Basic Reaktor Synth - Beta 2 Empty Re: Basic Reaktor Synth - Beta 2

Post  APsyviz Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:11 am

Hiya, Not much to say about this video really. Its effective and easy to follow literally perfect. Very Happy

Anthony
APsyviz
APsyviz

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:15 am

nice, thanks Anthony Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SpaceWalker Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:08 pm

real quick question: What if we use our computer's typing keyboard rather than a midi keyboard? Doesn't seem to be playable in the standalone version, but works with reaktor inside of FL Studio, at the least, eh.... Any quick solutions?

@ 8:32... bubbles are PERFECT!

@ 11:20, when you add the second oscillator, would you explain "WHY?" we're doing this???

@ 12:30, you named them "Osc1" and "Osc 2" I'm just being 'picky'....

@ 12:40, bubble "mixer to mix the output of the two oscillators together" or something along those lines....

Question: @ 12:50, you add a AmpMixer. What's the difference between this and Stereo Amp Mixer?

Question: @ 13:35-45, when you have the two oscillators' signals mixed into the mixer, it automatically adjusts itself to receive an additional input. Couldn't you have had the filter module do the same thing instead??? Or is this the specific function of(reason why we use) the mixer? Mention this, perhaps...

@ 13:45-14; Can you just remove this 'fussiness'?

@ 15 minutes, it becomes apparent to me (only because I just asked the question), that the mixer gives you the ability to change 'levels' of the incoming channels. Perhaps the filter wouldn't let me do this??????

@ 16:16 - bubble, "Setting up the Filter Cutoff"

perhaps, at the appropriate times, you could bubble stuff like, "setting up the oscillator, setting up the second oscillator, setting up the mixer, adding level controls to the individual oscillator channels," etc........ That might make this already clear video even more clear and perfect for dummies!

@ 16:50, I noticed the ADSR envelope has got two outputs???? What's that all about? why? How is that utilized\useful? Also, in your example, does it matter which out I connect to the filter? You use the first Out. Can I use the second one instead? Does something different happen, then?

Question: @ 17:50, when you connected the noise pitch to all of the pitch controls of everything, why didn't you connect it to the pitch control of the ADSR envelope of the filter's cutoff?

@ 22:20 onwards. I'm sure some people will find the customization options worthwhile, eh...

Out of all the videos I've seen so far, I've enjoyed setting up reaktor the MOST! I feel like I've learned a lot! I'm real happy!

SpaceWalker

http://flightofspacewalker.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:37 am

Hi,

Nice feedback Shree, I will look into the issues mentioned and use the ones i feel are necessary in the following video.

thanks

Mark
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mtr Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:59 pm

all the new changes are great.

going on what shree posted...

SpaceWalker wrote:real quick question: What if we use our computer's typing keyboard rather than a midi keyboard? Doesn't seem to be playable in the standalone version, but works with reaktor inside of FL Studio, at the least, eh.... Any quick solutions?

reaktor does not allow you to use the keyboard as flstudio does.

@ 8:32... bubbles are PERFECT!

agree

@ 11:20, when you add the second oscillator, would you explain "WHY?" we're doing this???

I dont see the need for this. Just prepares the synth for later programming... I quess you can put that in a bubble.

@ 12:30, you named them "Osc1" and "Osc 2" I'm just being 'picky'....

As Mark is...

@ 12:40, bubble "mixer to mix the output of the two oscillators together" or something along those lines....

Question: @ 12:50, you add a AmpMixer. What's the difference between this and Stereo Amp Mixer?

Ones mono, ones stereo?

Question: @ 13:35-45, when you have the two oscillators' signals mixed into the mixer, it automatically adjusts itself to receive an additional input. Couldn't you have had the filter module do the same thing instead??? Or is this the specific function of(reason why we use) the mixer? Mention this, perhaps...

I believe that mixer module allows you to create level controls. Mabey to much for a beginner vid?

@ 13:45-14; Can you just remove this 'fussiness'?

I like when Mark does his thing...

@ 15 minutes, it becomes apparent to me (only because I just asked the question), that the mixer gives you the ability to change 'levels' of the incoming channels. Perhaps the filter wouldn't let me do this??????

Yes

@ 16:16 - bubble, "Setting up the Filter Cutoff"

perhaps, at the appropriate times, you could bubble stuff like, "setting up the oscillator, setting up the second oscillator, setting up the mixer, adding level controls to the individual oscillator channels," etc........ That might make this already clear video even more clear and perfect for dummies!

Neutral on this.

@ 16:50, I noticed the ADSR envelope has got two outputs???? What's that all about? why? How is that utilized\useful? Also, in your example, does it matter which out I connect to the filter? You use the first Out. Can I use the second one instead? Does something different happen, then?

Ones an event output and one is an audio output. An event output port can be connected to audio input ports as well as event input ports, but an event input port cannot process audio signals. (without a conversion.) So its best to leave the event outputs reserved for that purpose. Correct me if im wrong.

Question: @ 17:50, when you connected the noise pitch to all of the pitch controls of everything, why didn't you connect it to the pitch control of the ADSR envelope of the filter's cutoff?

I think you need note pitch (not noise pitch). I did on mime... Mabey mark forgot or does not want to explain that right now???

@ 22:20 onwards. I'm sure some people will find the customization options worthwhile, eh...

Out of all the videos I've seen so far, I've enjoyed setting up reaktor the MOST! I feel like I've learned a lot! I'm real happy!

audio is louder at the end starting @ 19:08

other then that great vid

matt
mtr
mtr

http://www.myspace.com/emtear

Back to top Go down

Post  LAntiochos Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:25 am

Again I found this video much more improved, easier to follow than the first one. Voice volume was an issue now and then, but know that is already been mentioned. Not really much else to say here... Really enjoyed watching this...

LAntiochos

http://www.myspace.com/antlabros

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:55 am

Thanks for the feedback.

I will be experimenting with new headset on the next videos as well as a new way of watching the videos.

Mark
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DNuttall Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:52 am

Found the video easy to follow the added ballons help to clarify certain points. Other than the volume levels which as you have mentioend will bee looked at. I have no other comments to add.

Cheers Derren

DNuttall

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:05 am

thanks Derren
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SRigo Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:16 am

I was really looking forward to this video
reaktor is something i have been wanting to get my head around for a while.

this solved my nagging issues. as an introduction to reaktor its perfect
i knew pretty much nothing about this synth and now i can get in there and create and understand.

video was easy to follow, good flow and carry on between sections. doesnt skip ahead to something too hard.

no problem here

thanks heaps i really dug this one
SRigo
SRigo

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:14 am

thanks for the feedback Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin