Cubase Guru

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cubase Guru
Cubase Guru
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reaktor Basic Sounds

5 posters

Go down

Reaktor Basic Sounds Empty Reaktor Basic Sounds

Post  Admin Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:14 pm

Link to Video - Reaktor Basic Sounds

Please leave all feedback to this video in this thread.

thanks

Mark
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://cubasegurubeta.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Reaktor Basic Sounds Empty Re: Reaktor Basic Sounds

Post  SRigo Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:42 am

Hey again,

This video again is so helpful with this synth. Im even confident enough to go and play around with other bits now.

Excuse my lack of knowledge but: Question
I dont know how to save for example, the bass sound as a preset, so that when i move onto the Pad sound i dont overwrite the bass sound.
Is it just a matter of "Saving ensemble As"..... Bass then Pad, etc?
Is an ensemble really just one patch? one sound? or can they be modified to hold more than one sound?
Also you seemed to be using a Basic preset for the ensemble you made earlier so you could revert back to the basic settings and then tune it for a bass sound or noise sweep, would you advise this?
If so i think having an explanation of the saving and storing areas of the synth would help, i am a little confused on this subject as im a noob. Rolling Eyes

Ah i think i just noticed, did you open up Reaktor 5 to do the set up, outside of cubase and then once made, did you open it up in cubase and save patches as presets in there?

Maybe if in the first video state that you opened the program stand alone and then moved into cubase once its made...? sorry it kinda confused me Embarassed
il copy that and put it in that thread aswell

Again some transition graphic text would be great here inbetween sounds. Bass, Pad etc.

Apart from that it worked prefectly , i could tweak the sounds, and came up with matching sounds and i eventually figured out the saving process... i think.

Cheers
SRigo
SRigo

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:16 am

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the feedback, your right it does need some adjustments.

Just to clarify.

All the Reaktor patches are done with Reaktor in STANDALONE mode.

To create the basic instrument i start with you need to select File>new ensemble which gives you Reaktors basic .ens set-up. (which we slightly change in the video to be a mono synth instead of stereo which you could save)

To save in Reaktor you just goto file>"Save ensemble as" (i thought i had explained this, thanks for pointing this out) then you can save your own Reaktor Ensembles anywhere you like for future call up in stand alone mode OR in your DAW.

Any ensemble can have as many "pre-sets" saved (well up to 127 sounds per bank with multiple banks available) as you care to create. Something I also missed in the video, I will do an addition for this also.

I would definitely advise a "basic settings pre-set" so you can start from scratch. I do have one which i should have probably supplied to you guys, i did intend the empty pre-sets (as well as all the others) to be available to the purchasers of the course as part of the package. I guess the reason i didn't supply them to you guys was to force you to do as much as possible, but the empty pre-set would have helped, i will sort that out today.

hope this clears up some stuff,

Mark
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SRigo Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:38 am

Yep no sweat,

I did get it, eventually, i thought id put my inital post up in red even though i figured it out. Just wanted to make sure.

Nar, no need for the presets its good to do it the long way, otherwise you wouldnt learn as much, i was just interested to see if you did save a default synth preset, as i jumped ahead and forgot to do that. But i have fixed it now.

I have now saved them properly and have got the banks, defaults and presets sorted.

Score, now im gona go write a track.... Very Happy

Cheers
SRigo
SRigo

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:09 am

Excellent, look forward to hearing your tune Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  APsyviz Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:08 am

Once again this is a great tutorial using Reaktor..Although i did find something i did not understand, when i open up the basic synth that we created in reaktor then in cubase when i load basic_reaktor_synth.ens i get a small window called "Auto save Configuration" I was a little frustrated so i chose to use the auto save and renamed the ens file to basic_reaktor_synth2.ens and created a new folder to save the file in. Should this be clarified in the tutorial or should one read the manual?? confused

Anthony
APsyviz
APsyviz

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:14 am

Hi Anthony,

glad you enjoyed the Reaktor Video.

The "auto save as" function only appears in Cubase so that Reaktor knows where you want to save the .ens to that you are working on (You may find this gets very annoying if you use Cubase`s auto save feature as every time Cubase auto saves you will then have to save the .ens again too!). I will mention it in the video although ii am trying to avoid opening Reaktor in Cubase where i can.

thanks for the feedback,

Mark
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LAntiochos Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:21 am

Again, easy video to follow and sounding excellent as before.However, I would want to make a suggestion here since in my opinion Reaktor is not used by many new musicians due to its complexity and mainly due to its high price. Although I know my way around Reaktor, since I've used it some time ago, when this series of videos is complete, I would suggest a sort introductory video describing basic functions of Reaktor like setting up outputs, midi, etc. Just a thought! The points I made in Zebra section about transition text and musicality of sounds demo at the end, also apply here...

LAntiochos

http://www.myspace.com/antlabros

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:35 am

HI Labros,

Yup your right, has been noted and will be implemented in the following video upgrades.

thanks

Mark
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DNuttall Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:28 am

Watched the 4 basic sounds video for reaktor after purchasing version 5 for 99euros off NI website (bargin)and have to say found it very simple and great fun to create some new sounds, I struggled for awhile trying to figure out how to save each preset, they seem to be called snapshots in reaktor!! It might be usefull to include this in the videos either as a call out box or maybe like on the post above it could be included in an introduction video.

But the quality was top notch as always

Cheers Derren

DNuttall

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:49 am

HI Derren,

I will be creating a new intro type video explaining exactly this. It will be part of the next video releases for you guys to check out due tomorrow.

Mark
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down