Cubase Guru

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cubase Guru
Cubase Guru
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zebra2 Basic Sounds

+3
APsyviz
SRigo
Admin
7 posters

Go down

Zebra2 Basic Sounds Empty Zebra2 Basic Sounds

Post  Admin Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:13 pm

Link to Video - Zebra2 Basic Sounds

Please leave all feedback regarding this video in this thread.

thanks

Mark
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://cubasegurubeta.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Zebra2 Basic Sounds Empty Re: Zebra2 Basic Sounds

Post  SRigo Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:00 am

Just watching this at the moment....

I dont want to sound like a whinger and im sure you may have thought of these suggestions but il just do it in case...

I know you have not added in any text or graphics as yet, but just as suggestion when you get around to it...
When bringing in a new sound.
eg. you start with bass sound, then move to pad etc.
Maybe have a couple second gap with text stating that "Bass sound" "Pad Sound" and so on...
for example at 11.52sec it cuts from pad sound to noise sweeps, instantly. having a transition inbetween would be nice.

The Bass sound was fine... I got a very similar sound to the one shown
The Pad sound again no problem there, no skips smooth and easy.
The Noise Sweeps was great, been wanting to know that for ages, easy as. No problem there
The Acid sounds no issue that i found.

Got to the end and i had completed the same little 5 track loop including a kick.
Very easy to follow some really nice pointers i didnt know.

I think the only little addition would be the trasition between as new sound, again im sure you would have done so anyway.

Cheers
SRigo
SRigo

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:21 am

Hi Steve,

thanks for your comments and I totally agree if definitely does need transition indicators between sounds, so thanks for that Smile

I am glad you found the sounds easy to follow and got good results. So far so so good Smile

Thanks

Mark
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  APsyviz Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:31 am

Just finished watching the video.. I was able to make the sounds really close to the ones in the video.. So i would say that the video is a succsess.. I never knew how many sounds you could make using a Noise Oscillator.. Great video

Anthony
APsyviz
APsyviz

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:01 am

Thanks Anthony for the feedback, and yeah NOISE can be great fun Smile

Mark
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JJPiraino Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:46 am

Hi Mark,

After watching the Zebra videos a few times, I would like to put in my 2 cents of feedback. First off, they were fantastic. Great videos for the beginning sound designer. The first thing that got me though was when you were introducing the filter section, and you flubbed a bit by not adjusting the filter section when demonstrating filters. No big deal however.

Secondly after introducing the sounds in Zebra and you played that 4 bar bit. The music was out of key. If you had 4 bars of something that really was melodic, it would have driven the point a little more efficiently.

Now back to the Reaktor.

Peace,
John
JJPiraino
JJPiraino

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:53 am

Hi John,

I will have to look at the filter part of the video again to see that, I thought I had slightly showed what the filter does but maybe i didn't.

There will be a whole section on filters coming up which describes them in intimate detail. The point of the first videos was really just to get you guys using a synth
but i think i should have done at least a quick demo of the filter.

Regarding the 4 bars of music at the end, i didn't think about musicality at all, its just a demo to play the sounds together, it was actually an after thought as originally i
wasn't going to put that part in at all. Something i will definitely need to think about now however.

thanks for the feedback John,

Mark
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mtr Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:30 pm

Mark,

These vids were great. I think that anyone who is starting out in sound design will get a good start from these vids. They not only are simple but they sound good too.

I like that you go through the same sounds in different types of synths. It helps to see the different characters that each synth offers. And how different synths are layed out.

I agree with the first posts that a transition from section to section would be helpful. (especially when the vids get more complicated).

Great start. Keep them coming.

Matt
mtr
mtr

http://www.myspace.com/emtear

Back to top Go down

Post  LAntiochos Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:10 am

Hallo there,

Great detail and very easy to follow video again! However, I also think that some sort of basic transistion (just a text will do) between different sections of video is essential even for the beta versions... I'm sure it will be essential as course becomes more complicated... I find the addition at the end, where you play all sounds together, a very good idea, however I'll have to agree with JJPiraino on this, and I would suggest that they should be on the same key...
Overall, very informative, easy and straight to the point.
One thing I would like to ask...: Is this going to be the order of videos when they are published? I mean the same order as you put them on now?

LAntiochos

http://www.myspace.com/antlabros

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:33 am

Hi Labros,

Thanks for the feedback.

The videos i have pout here are pretty much in the correct order (according to the email i sent) apart from the very first basic video which will be available today.

SO the order will be :

Synthesis Basic (Video1)
Basic Synthesizer Creation - (Video 2 - Part 1 & 2)
Four Basic Sounds (Video 3 - Parts 1-3)

Then the rest. I will try to keep them coming to you guys in chronological order but i don't actually make the videos in this fashion so sometimes they wont be. However
i did state in an earlier post if you guys feel that you prefer them to be in Chronological order then i will supply them as such.

The updated, penultimate videos of the videos all ready here will be up in the next 2 days also but i will wait until i get the feedback from the new video i put up today so you can get them all in order.

thanks

Mark
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DNuttall Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:06 am

Thought i had posted my comments but then just checked my post and realised i hadnt sorry.

Followed this video as with the beta 2 version with no hickups. Once i got over the random note limitations of the demo. Found the instructions to be clear and consise.

Cheers

Derren

DNuttall

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:50 am

thanks Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down